Thai Foot Massage is a unique combination of massage techniques for the feet and lower legs. It is a traditional treatment that originated in Thailand over 2000 years ago and is still taught by Buddhist monks in Thailand today.
It involves hands-on stretching, massage and the use of a traditional Thai wooden stick. The stick is used to stimulate the reflex points on the feet and these reflex points correspond to different parts of the body. The legs are massaged along the Sen (energy) lines to try and clear any blockages and improve the flow of energy around the body
This foot massage has been practiced for many centuries for its various benefits. Our feet contain greater than 7,000 nerves. By stimulating them gently you can get pleasurable and relaxing sensations.
- Foot massage can help to relive anxiety and induce deep relaxation.
- Foot massage reduces stress and facilitates unimpeded blood flow throughout the body.
- A relaxing foot massage can facilitate homeostasis and optimum functioning of the body’s systems.
- Foot massage removes blockages to enable proper energy flow throughout the body. This can give you more energy and vitality to perform daily tasks.
- Foot massage heals and relaxes our body and mind, and protects against stress-related ailments.